Haarslev is an innovative company that provides powerful processing solutions engineered to benefit the global environment. We apply many different technologies to help and enable our customers to create a cleaner, greener and more sustainable future. As part of this remarkable journey, we are looking for a Director of Project Management.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for all capital projects in North America from order award through final customer acceptance and closure of delivered project. As the Director of Project Management you will report to the President and Regional Director of Haarslev and be a part of the Project Management team in North America.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The Director of Project Management is responsible for developing and leading the Haarslev Inc. project management team with the clear ambition of being the best in the business. You will be responsible for sufficient resources including capacities, functions, and competencies of the project management team.
- Responsibility for budget, scope management and timeline for projects with emphasis on optimization of the positive financial result from project execution.
- Responsibility for all aspects of projects risk management and risk mitigation.
- Communication and documentation of projects progress and status with customers.
- All sourcing for projects, goods, provisions, and services will happen exclusively and only through the Haarslev Global Supply Chain.
- Creates and maintains the absolute overview of all active projects including all needed plans and schedules sufficient to control and report the status of progress, financial status, forecast and risk evaluations.
- Responsibility to work with Finance maintaining control and transparency of the financial performance of the project, prior, during and post project execution.
- Adhere to the highest level of compliance and governance, including not limited to federal, state, and local regulations, safety, environmental and internal policies and procedures.
- Drives post-completion review sessions, evaluating all areas with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure continuous improvements.
- Applies advanced methodology to the execution of Haarslev Capital projects like “Value Generation Management” and other PMP general known processes and principles.
- Develop and manage proper communication plans to support project execution.
- Responsible for Cost Management, including project cost control and forecasting; Schedule Management including critical path method (CRM) schedule development; and Scope Management, including scope development and change management.
- Responsibility to manage, jointly with finance, the Percentage of Completion (POC) and revenue recognition accounting methods for projects.
- Provides leadership to establish short- and long-term objectives, plans and policies driving project execution in support of the company’s growth and profitability.
- Develop and implement a plan to continuously develop and improve your team consisting of organization, processes, methods, staff capacity, and competencies.
- Expand the company’s technical knowledge and engineering capabilities by developing staff and recruiting technical talent in support of project management and capital sales.
- Promote and foster positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Establish, track, and benchmark team performance metrics to determine overall project performance. Identifying and implementing improvements.
- Conduct performance appraisals, implement education and training for team members.
- Develop your team providing effective coaching and mentoring necessary for project success and effective career development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent certifications.
- CIPM, IPMA, PMI-CP, PMP certifications or equivalent certifications.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing capital equipment or large projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing and leading a team.
- Experience in a role supporting capital equipment sales highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge of project management, commercial orientation and legal terms.
- Requires a solid balance of technical, analytical, and commercial skills.
- Strong desire for your team to deliver and achieve customer satisfaction and success.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with proven strong management, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills are required.
- You thrive on challenges and are driven by the need to succeed and will stop at nothing to get the job done and make things happen.
- Up to 35% travel, with some international travel
Haarslev provides benefits that include
- An exceptional pathway for professional and personal growth and development
- Considerable influence on developing your own role, because this is a new position
- Being a part of a skilled, international team working towards a better tomorrow
- An open, supportive company culture
- A healthy work/life balance: we value our employees being able to carve out time for family, friends and activities that help them thrive. If your particular job permits such an arrangement, you can also work from home as and when needed.
If you think this sounds like a good match, and you‘re interested in joining one of the leading processing technology companies in the world, please apply below. We do not accept applications via e-mail – you must use the online form to submit your application.
Haarslev encourages anyone interested and suitably qualified to apply for this position.
The recruitment process
The application process consists of a short call with HR, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, a case study and a final interview with the Global Project Director.