Haarslev Industries is an innovative company that provides powerful processing solutions engineered to benefit the global environment. We apply many different technologies to help and enable our customers to create a cleaner, greener and more sustainable future. As part of this remarkable journey, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager.
As the Senior Project Manager, your role is to manage capital order projects to meet established project schedule and budget. You will be responsible for determining the acceptability of hand-off packages for sales, providing technical and commercial feedback as necessary.
You will report to the President and be a part of the Project Management team in North America.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Schedules and directs kick-off and project status meetings.
- Acts as primary contact for customer communication over the course of the project.
- Generates and coordinates documentation submittal / approval process.
- Maintains overall project schedule and budget.
- Directs invoicing according to milestone achievement.
- Coordinates with sales for change order control as required, accounting for project scope changes to maintain profitability of projects.
- Coordinates and supervises installation and startup services.
- Develops engineering solutions for each project in collaboration with internal Design and Application Specialists.
- Coordinates project management activities, when appropriate, with central Engineering and Supply to ensure project margin and customer satisfaction.
- Supports and assists sales personnel in responding to customer requests for commercial and technical information as a part of the sales process.
- Maintains complete project data files, prepares customer submittals, and creates final project engineering record.
- Provide sales support to develop concepts, evaluate customer needs, and further the sales process on an as needed basis.
- Some travel to meet with customers for kick-off and project status meetings, design reviews, on-site supervision, etc. Almost all travel is within the US; however, there may be times when international travel is required to Haarslev Global Headquarters, engineering facilities or manufacturing sites.
What we want from you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical Engineering or related field preferred, or CIPM, IPMA, PMI-CP, PMP certifications or equivalent certifications.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience related to mechanical Project Engineering, and/or sales support.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar position required.
- Experience in a role supporting capital equipment sales highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management, commercial orientation, purchasing, legal terms, and manufacturing processes
- Working understanding of process instrumentation and PLC based process control is helpful.
- Fundamental knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Requires a solid balance of technical, analytical, and commercial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Strong desire to provide quality service with a team approach to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with strong evidence of leadership and motivational skills, as influence over those without direct authority is key to success.
- Proven problem-solving skills are required.
- The position requires a candidate that thrives on challenges and is driven by the need to succeed and the desire to create and realize new opportunities.
- The candidate must be articulate, persuasive, and self-confident, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Up to 50% travel, with possible international travel
Haarslev provides benefits that include
- An exceptional pathway for professional and personal growth and development
- Considerable influence on developing your own role, because this is a new position
- Being a part of a skilled, international team working towards a better tomorrow
- An open, supportive company culture
- A healthy work/life balance: we value our employees being able to carve out time for family, friends and activities that help them thrive. If your particular job permits such an arrangement, you can also work from home as and when needed.
If you think this sounds like a good match, and you‘re interested in joining one of the leading processing technology companies in the world, please apply below. We do not accept applications via e-mail – you must use the online form to submit your application.
Haarslev encourages anyone interested and suitably qualified to apply for this position.
The recruitment process
The application process consists of a short call with HR, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, a case study and a final interview with the Global Project Manager.