Haarslev is an innovative company that provides powerful processing solutions engineered to benefit the global environment. We apply many different technologies to help and enable our customers to create a cleaner, greener and more sustainable future. As part of this remarkable journey, we are looking for a Senior Field Service Technician.
The Senior Field Service Technician is responsible for coordinating site crews and overseeing onsite equipment repair, assembly, and installation.
This job is currently located in Warren County, MO.
You will report to the Service and Installation Manager and be a part of the Global Service team in North America.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the service team in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of cookers, driers, pre-breakers, presses, and other Haarslev equipment.
- Investigate and resolve customers reports of technical issues with equipment and eliminate future operational or service difficulties.
- Disassemble malfunctioning equipment and remove, repair, or replace defective parts.
- Inspect, evaluate, and test incoming equipment to determine serviceability and repair requirements.
- Perform outbound quality inspections.
- Troubleshoot and test functional performance of sub-assemblies (mechanical, pneumatic) and parts under specific environmental conditions such as temperature change, vibration, pressure, and humidity.
- Perform installation and startup testing of all product lines at customer facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Attend and participate in customer start-up and technical meetings as required.
- Provide customer training on features and general maintenance of Haarslev equipment.
- Perform equipment inspections (sonic thickness testing, gearbox and bearing inspections, identify leaks and normal water, etc.)
- Read and understand wiring diagrams to trace electrical circuits and ensure proper operation according to manufacturer specifications.
- Order additional or replacement parts for missing or faulty items; return faulty items for warranty evaluation.
- Promote and recommend other Haarslev services and/or equipment
- Provide communication link between the customer and the company stakeholders to ensure effective technical support and service is provided to our customers.
- Document service activities via daily work reports in a manner that effectively communicates times worked, activity, and status to stakeholder (i.e. Project Management, Supervisor, Customer).
- Maintain and provide timely and accurate records of performance reports, expenses, billable hours, and trip reports.
- Communicate with project team and/or management to ensure efficient and timely start-up or service.
- Load and safely drive service truck with and without a trailer
- Provide Technical Support for our staff and other Technicians
- Develop, support, and motivate service team to ensure a positive customer experience and to meet organizational goals and targets.
- Assist with execution of daily operations by overseeing staff training, company and participation in Annual Performance Reviews for direct reports.
What we want from you
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years installation, industrial maintenance and troubleshooting of process systems.
- Knowledge of pneumatic conveying systems and basic fluid handling preferred
- Must be safety conscious, and a self-starter with the ability to lead a team.
- Ability to adhere and follow safe work guidelines.
- Must have strong mechanical ability or aptitude and experience using basic hand tools.
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Strong welding skills preferred with capabilities to get or already have ASME, AWS, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW certifications.
- You will be part of a service response team and must be able and willing to travel. At times with short notice.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret technical manuals and drawings with part lists.
- Must be able to lift 50-80lbs,
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service.
- Basic forklift or other heavy equipment operating skills or the desire to be certified.
- Basic knowledge of machine shop equipment, automotive and/or equipment repairing, pipe fitting or plumbing, electrical and hydraulics preferred.
- Basic computer skills for emailing and making job reports preferred.
- Electrical and controls experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to acquire US Passport
Haarslev provides benefits that include
- An exceptional pathway for professional and personal growth and development
- Considerable influence on developing your own role, because this is a new position
- Being a part of a skilled, international team working towards a better tomorrow
- An open, supportive company culture
- A healthy work/life balance: we value our employees being able to carve out time for family, friends and activities that help them thrive. If your particular job permits such an arrangement, you can also work from home as and when needed.
If you think this sounds like a good match, and you‘re interested in joining one of the leading processing technology companies in the world, please apply below. We do not accept applications via e-mail – you must use the online form to submit your application.
Haarslev encourages anyone interested and suitably qualified to apply for this position.
The recruitment process
The application process consists of a short call with HR, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, and a final interview with the Global and Commercial Service Manager.